Results on a default Magento Commerce install
You can see the graph in the product images to see a visualization of the results. In summary, for initial page loads, Site Optimizer will reduce the total page size by 47.9KB and will reduce the number of requests by 16. On a subsequent page loads, Site Optimizer will reduce the page size by 3.9KB and will reduce the request count by 42. Bandwidth, latency, request count, and server load are significantly reduced. Results are usually even better on a non-default installation.
What aspects of the site are optimized?
The CSS / JS files will be minified, compressed and merged. The HTML and inline CSS / JS will be minified. The images will be optimized and their size reduced when possible. Forever expirations will be placed on your CSS / JS / image files so that the browser cache is effectively used. Refer to the feature list for more information.
Note: This extension works great with our Multi-Level Full Page Cache extension (optional, sold separate).
Note: This list is not an complete list of features. Please try the demo to see this extension in action.
- CSS to be reduced from 20.7KB to 16.6KB (120% savings)
- HTML to be reduced from 51.4KB to 36.7KB (29% savings)
- Optimize / compress image files for optimal performance New!The CSS / product images on your site will be highly optimized in order to reduce bandwidth and download time. Many sites have experienced 30%+ reduction in page weight as a result of image optimizations. The lower your page weight the faster your page will download, which means it will be loaded faster. This is especially important on todays wifi and mobile connections.±
- Versioning of JS / CSS / image files New!Ensure your content is always up-to-date. No need to flush caches or wait for files to be updated on the frontend. Your files will show any changes you have made immediately.
On a default Magento Commerce install, the number of Web server requests will be reduced by 16 (this number is usually even higher on a non-default install). This significantly reduces request latency and bandwidth and marginally reduces the HTML size of page. Also, it means your Web server will not have to work as hard which will allow you to server more requests per second.
- Ability to change hostnames of urls New!Browsers generally have a 2-5 connection limit per hostname. For this reason it makes sense to use mutliple hostnames, so the browser will make more connections which can reduce download time. We support selecting custom hostnames for certain urls to maximize the number of browser connections.
- Choose the minification algorithms that is best for your needsDifferent algorithmns have different characteristics and requirements. We don't limit your choice. We include them all so that your site can be optimized as much as possible.
- JSMin / JSMin Plus
- YUI Compressor
- Closure Compiler
- Closure Compiler (online)
* Features may vary based on the checkout options you select. Read the addon descriptions and contact support if you are uncertain.
Extendware is here to help you! If you have a suggestion, criticism, question, or simply need help choosing extensions for your store, then contact our friendly support team!
- Risk-free purchase30-day moneyback guarantee. We are that confident in the quality of our software.
- Plug-in-play solutionsExtensions are extensively tested, easy to install, and configure. No need to edit the code yourself.
- Future-proof softwareWe constantly release updates that add new features and increase usability and performance. You can even get updates for free.
- Outstanding supportOur support is quick, friendly, and offers useful guidance. Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal.
- Zero bug policyWe hate bugs as much as you do. We oftentimes release bug fixes on the same day of discovery. We are expert exterminators.
- Simple licensing structureWe license by edition and installation. We don't license by number of customers, stores, products, or anything complicated.
- Long term strategyWe have been developing for Magento for 3 years. We love the platform and the community and will continue to develop for Magento for years to come.