- Numbers reveal private business information - When comparing two orders, one day or one week apart, a customer / competitor can estimate the turnover of the store. This valuable business information should not be publicly available.
- Numbers have no context - A number by itself does not indicate whether it is an order, invoice, shipment or credit memo
- Numbers are too long - Imagine a customer having to read or type a 9 digit order number to a customer service representative.
Custom Order Number solves all three of these issues through custom starting numbers, custom lengths, custom prefixes, and even random increment intervals. Even your old numbers can be updated to your new numbering scheme!
Note: This list is not an complete list of features. Please try the demo to see this extension in action.
- Supports all order related numbers:
- Order numbers
- Invoice numbers
- Shipment numbers
- Credit memo numbers
- Choose a custom starting numberYou can start your numbers at 1 or 578384. The choice is yours.
- Choose a custom increment number or even a rangeChoosing a custom increment number helps hide your stores' turnover from competitors. For example, you can select an increment of 3, so if someone orders at gets 1 as their order number, then the next person will get 4. In addition, you can select 1-10 as your increment number, so if someone gets 1 as their order number the next person will get a number between 2 and 11 as their order number.
- Add a custom title / prefix to you numbers (ORD-, INV-, or anything you want)Add prefixes to differential between numbers or to differentiate between stores.
- Add dynamic date prefixes to numbers (2012, 201201, 20120120, etc)Prefix numbers with dates so that it is easy to see when a particular order took place. It also is very effective in making it impossible to determine your stores' turnover.
- Optionally reset numbering on a dynamic date prefix change (2011 going to 2012 will reset the numbering)For example, if you add a day prefix to your numbers the format would be like this YYYYMMDDXXXX where XXXX is the actual number of the order and YYYYMMDD is the date. When the date prefix changes (from 20120101 to 20120102 for example), the actual number (XXXX) can be reset to whatever you configured for the starting number.
- Set a custom padding length for numbersYou can force a number to be a certain length by setting a padding. If you want the starting number to be 1, but you want all numbers to be 5 digits, then you can set a 5 padding, so the starting number will be 00001
- Internal numbering is still sequentialOnly customer-facing numbers are affected. Every order, invoice, etc has a customer-facing and an internal number. The internal number is not affected and will continue to be sequential. As a result, this will still allow you to meet any record keeping obligations you have in the jurisdiction you operate.
- Every type of number (order, invoice, etc) has its own settingsDon't be limited to one scheme. Customize the scheme for each number type (especially useful for prefixes).
- Every store can have its own individual settingsEach store has its own settings, so you can have separate starting numbers, prefixes, and more for reach of your stores.
- Ability to rebuild previously created numbers to match current number schemeIf desired, you can rebuild old numbers to your current numbering scheme, so that all numbers follow the correct scheme.
Extendware is here to help you! If you have a suggestion, criticism, question, or simply need help choosing extensions for your store, then contact our friendly support team!
- Risk-free purchase30-day moneyback guarantee. We are that confident in the quality of our software.
- Plug-in-play solutionsExtensions are extensively tested, easy to install, and configure. No need to edit the code yourself.
- Future-proof softwareWe constantly release updates that add new features and increase usability and performance. You can even get updates for free.
- Outstanding supportOur support is quick, friendly, and offers useful guidance. Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal.
- Zero bug policyWe hate bugs as much as you do. We oftentimes release bug fixes on the same day of discovery. We are expert exterminators.
- Simple licensing structureWe license by edition and installation. We don't license by number of customers, stores, products, or anything complicated.
- Long term strategyWe have been developing for Magento for 3 years. We love the platform and the community and will continue to develop for Magento for years to come.